Saturday, February 6, 2010

Native Deen - Not Afraid to stand Alone


A new track from Native deen. (Final edition) * Added Lyrics: I am not afraid to stand alone I am not afraid to stand alone If Allah is by my side I am not afraid to stand alone Everything is gonna be alright I am not afraid to stand alone Going keep my head up high I am not afraid to stand alone If Allah is by my side Everything is going be alright Going to keep my head up high Single mother raising her children And Now she's a Muslim Started praying and wearing a headscarf It Was a healing for her heart Struggling with no one to lean on But with prayer she would be strong Had a job but then she was laid off Got a better education and it paid off She was called for a job that she dreamed of Close by, great pay -she was in love -- They brought her in -- told her shes the 1 pick You got the job, but you gotta lose the outfit" It's a tough position that you put me in Cause look at my condition, and my two children But I'll continue looking for a job again Cause my faith and my religion I will never bend I am not afraid to stand alone I am not afraid to stand alone If Allah is by my side I am not afraid to stand alone Everything is gonna be alright I am not afraid to stand alone Going keep my head up high I am not afraid to stand alone If Allah is by my side Everything is going be alright Going to keep my head up high Peer pressure, they were insisting And I was resisting Some days.... I felt I would give in Just wanted to fit in I know.....when I'm praying and fasting' They be teasing and laughing So I called to my Lord for the power For the strength every day, every hour... one day there's a new Muslim teacher Single mom and the people respect her Just seeing.... her strength I get stronger They can break my will no longer You don't see me sweatin' when they're jokes cracking Never see me cussing' with my pants saggin' I aint never running Yo Im still standing, sorry I aint jumping on your band wagon, cause... I am not afraid to stand alone I am not afraid to stand alone If Allah is by my side I am not afraid to stand alone Everything is gonna be alright I am not afraid to stand alone Going keep my head up high I am not afraid to stand alone If Allah is by my side Everything is going be alright Going to keep my head up high Now, I'm a tough one, who can bear their blows The rest play dumb, they don't dare say no Scared of being shunned, but its clear they know I aint never gonna run, I aint scared no more.... Man, these sisters be resolute Never stressed when the rest say they wasn't cute And the get the respect of the other youth Come best with the dress yo and thats the truth These sisters are strong gonna hand it down So me Im a brotha gotta stand my ground No fear, Im tough Im the man in town Peer pressure no more, its my planet now Others may fall, but Im hold my own With Allahs help I'll be strong as stone And I'll be the one to let Al Islam be shown Cause I am not afraid yo to stand alone I am not afraid to stand alone I am not afraid to stand alone If Allah is by my side I am not afraid to stand alone Everything is gonna be alright I am not afraid to stand alone Going keep my head up high I am not afraid to stand alone If Allah is by my side Everything is going be alright Going to keep my head up high

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails