Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gaddafi's wife wants former leader buried in hometown


"I am an international leader, the dean of the Arab rulers, the king of kings of Africa and the imam of Muslims, and my international status does not allow me to descend to a lower level." - Remarks after his microphone was cut for denouncing King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia during a meeting of the Arab League in 2009.
"[Abraham] Lincoln was a man who created himself from nothing without any help from outside or other people. I followed his struggles. I see certain similarities between him and me." - Quoted in The Pittsburgh Press in 1986.
Source
When the African Union was formed in 1999, loosely modeled on the European Union though essentially as toothless as its predecessor, Qaddafi provided a seemingly endless bankroll for the organization, which in turn treated him as a visionary godfather.
Source


  Picture Source

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails