Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Please Support Wikipedia

There are three things that I can’t imagine life without.
- Chocolate
- Coffee Breaks
- and Wikipedia.

Almost everyday I visit wikipedia to learn about some Person, Event, A piece of history, a bit of science…gosh the list goes on. When reading news online they have references to events that I have no idea about. But just with a flick of a wrist, wikipedia is open and I know exactly what they are talking about.
Wikipedia is an amazing project setup by an amazing person. Jimmy Wales is determined to keep it Advertising free. What spirit!
Read an excerpt from his passionate appeal:
Wikipedia is something special. It is like a library or a public park. It is like a temple for the mind. It is a place we can all go to think, to learn, to share our knowledge with others.
When I founded Wikipedia, I could have made it into a for-profit company with advertising banners, but I decided to do something different.
We donate regularly to wikipedia. I appeal you to do so as well. Even if it is just Rs.100. per month. You can make your donation by clicking here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails