Monday, March 11, 2013

Abandon Argumentation

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The believer does not dispute and I will not intercede on the Day of Resurrection for those who dispute, so leave arguing for its lack of good.” [Tabaraani]

Allah, the Most High, says in this regard, “None dispute in the Aayaat (signs, proofs) of Allah except those who disbelieve.” [Surah Ghaafir, Ayat 4]

Ibn Umar (radi Allahu anhu) used to hate disputation as did Malik ibn Anas and those greater and lesser than him right up to this day.

A man came to al-Hasan al-Basri and said, “I wish to debate with you about the Religion.” Al-Hasan replied, “I know my Religion. If you have lost your Religion go out and look for it!” [Al-Aajurree in ash-Sharee’ah]

This hadith has been sent to me by dailyhadith.adaptivesolutionsinc.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails