Monday, May 29, 2017

Grave Constricts for Disbeliever

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “When the wicked worshipper or the disbeliever is buried, the grave says to him, ‘You are not welcome, do not get comfortable. Indeed, to me, you are the most hated of those who walked upon me. Since you have been entrusted to me and delivered to me today, you shall see what I have arranged for you.’ It will begin closing in on him (squeezing him) until his ribs are crushing each other.” [Tirmidhi]

O Allah! I take refuge with You from the punishment of the grave. None has the right to be worshipped but You. Don’t let me become one of those whose grave does not welcome him. This one home that I will definitely have, don’t let it squeeze and crush me.


I hope that I am not one of those who think of themselves as pious but are actually wicked. I must examine my heart to see that I don’t harbour any resentment towards Allah, His chosen Deen, or His obedient slaves. I must not rebel against Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) and what He has chosen for me.

The earth, my grave, will not welcome me if I have been insolent towards its Creator.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails